Wednesday 28 August 2013

Life is a happy place

So my last few blogs have been quite heart felt and emotional, so it's time to man these blogs up and today I am writing about happiness! That's right I am actually going to bring some positivity and describe all the things I think make and contribute to a happy way of life.
What is happiness?! Well this is something I have really tried to grasp! Is it a destination, a direction, a state of mind, a feeling, a sense, or maybe a combination of all of these. Sometimes when we are busy we loose sight of the little things in life and get far too caught up with situations that don't deserve our time or energy, yet it is so easy to slip into this trap. When was the last time you woke up and thought wow I am alive, I can breathe, I have a roof over my head and family & friends who love and care for me?! My daughter recently picked a leaf for me from the the garden, this may sound significantly small however this small gesture gave me so much love and happiness that it was then that I realised happiness comes from the smallest of things.
It is so easy to walk around with a frown but why not turn that frown upside down and beam a radiant smile to all the people you pass that day, you will be surprised what a difference that makes! I always feel that laughter is a cure for most upsets. A good giggle with people you love can bring happiness to the heart and warm the soul, it is also a good way to bond. It is funny because I recently went on a night out and had someone bring me to tears through laughter, this then caught on to other people around us and before we knew it the whole room was laughing. 
Life is hard, in fact it is tough. Nothing comes easy and sometimes things you gain you quickly loose, but that is life and what doesn't break us only makes us stronger. Sometimes you can feel like you have the world on your shoulders but my motto is, if its not death then don't panic! I love this Buddhist quote "happiness does not depend on what you have or who you are, it solely relies on what you think" we can't always control situations or circumstances but we can control how we feel and act, and I for certain want to be feeling and thinking "happy". So I have put together a few tips for a happy life: 1) let go of your past, don't let it be your future 2) be who you want to be-think for yourself 3) positivity is key! Negative thoughts bring negative outcomes 4) everything happens for a reason, remember this 5) change is part of life, embrace it, learn from it & grow with it 6) care for the small things and the big things will happen as a result 7) form relationships, see the good in people, share and care with them 8) live your life with feeling and purpose, you can achieve that dream 9) take responsibility, accept your mistakes and learn from them 10) Smile, smiling releases endorphins that make you feel better instantly :) Happiness spreads with a smile so get your grin on people!! 
I also find that music is a great way to feel happy! The most upbeat songs can transform a mood or state of mind, Will Smith's Summertime always makes me smile!  Life is for living, don't take it too seriously and embrace the card you have been dealt!
I am off to be happy now and I hope you are too xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment